Tuesday 5 May 2009

In the bag...

A couple of weeks ago, I joined the UK Food Bloggers Association, and a very friendly place it is too. One of the things to get involved in is the monthly In the Bag challenge, this month set by Scott of RealEpicureon. ITB is a challenge to come up with a dish from set seasonal ingrediants, and this month it's brocolli and blue cheese. I emailed Scott to see if I could use purple sprouting instead of the big green wooly stuff that I don't like much, and he says that's fine.
My blue cheese of choice is Beenleigh Blue, made by Robin and Sari Congdon in Totnes, Devon. It's a sheep's cheese and is the most heavenly taste mix of sharp, creamy, tangy with a strong undertow of almost sherry-like sweetness. I adore it. Thanks to my Abel and Cole veggie box, I have a bag of PSB in the fridge, so I'm all set. But not sure what I'm going to cook yet...

H/t to Norbiton Cheeses for the pic

No comments: